DPS909 release 0.3 PR2

Based on previous blog post: here.

My second pull request was a simple fix but a huge bug. It all started when I was working on my previous issue. At school, I downloaded the zip file for SenecaBlackboardExtension from GitHub and ran it on Firefox to see what we have working so far. It had an email login and the "did you know" box was taken out. It was getting near the end of class so I decided to work on the first issue at home. Once I got home I updated my forked repo and test the extension again on Firefox and... it didn't change the page and no errors were displayed. So I quickly went to check the repo to see if any new pull request was merged. There was changes but 1 of the changes was on the readme file and the other change was on the manifest file which was for icons. The change to the readme file shouldn't have affected it so I tried reverting the change in manifest but the extension still didn't change. I then used "blame" from GitHub to show the changes history for the manifest and homepage-guest.js file but there were no changes. So my guess was that it was probably my personal computer that couldn't run it . The next day, at school I downloaded the repo again to test the blackboard extension and it didn't work so at that moment I knew it was not a problem with my computer. I went home and test it on Google Chrome and it gave me this error. Now I know the error is coming from homepage-guest.js file. I thought back to when it worked the first time and I realized homepage-guest.js is now in a "src" directory. The pull request for that fix is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My third Hacktoberfest 2018 Journey

Helping Mozilla firefox with enabling ESLint

Contributing to 2048 Repo cont'd