My hacktoberfest 2018 journey reflection

During the Hacktoberfest month I have worked on these issues:
What I have learnt:

      I have realized that 5 pull requests may not seem like a big number to do but to do that in a one month of time, it's more than you'd think. At first I completed an issue during the first week so things were going as planned. During the first week, I also got to learn a new programming language(Python) mostly just to understand the part that I was working on. Once I got to the second issue, I got stuck at setting up the environment, it took about 1-2 weeks and I was still getting errors while trying to build the code. That is when I decided I should push this issue off for another time. Luckily for me, while trying to set up the environment I also started working on my next issue. It started to get close to the end of Hacktoberfest so I decided it was best for me to look for issues that don't need much time to set up and easy to do. 

Experience from Hacktoberfest:

      I would say it was a wild experience. Within that month, I have seen all sorts of things, people from different parts of the world, different coding styles, different coding standards, from large projects with lots of contributors to small projects with a few contributors, from people adding their names to a README file to real bugs in a project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My third Hacktoberfest 2018 Journey

DPS909 release 0.3

Contributing to 2048 Repo cont'd