DPS909 Release 0.3 PR3

For my third pull request in release 0.3 I had a tough time searching for an issue for an external project that I wanted to work on. After days of searching I finally landed on this project. The issue that I found is upgrading enums to enum classes. I found this interesting because I worked on enums before but I never heard of a enum class, so it was new to me as well. As always I downloaded the code to test what it can do before messing with the code. I followed the README to setup my windows environment to compile, build and run the code. I got to compile the code however I couldn't get pass the build phase. At this point, the best option is probably to move on to a different project but I didn't want to let go of such an interesting issue/enhancement. So I went back to the README and see if I have other options, it seems Linux/MacOS have less work to do building this project. I wanted to try using Macs to build this but I don't have any apple products. Then it hit me, I remember there are a few Macs at school that I could use but because of it's limited quantity, it would be hard for me to find an available one. Once I finally got my hands on a Mac, compiling, building and running the project went as smooth as I thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My third Hacktoberfest 2018 Journey

Helping Mozilla firefox with enabling ESLint

Contributing to 2048 Repo cont'd