Contributing to 2048 Repo cont'd

GitHub Repo: 2048

Previously, when I was working on this repository it turns out my code format was not consistent with what they had. I've noticed that they have a .clang-format file which means there should be a way for me to run it and auto format my code. After searching, I have found a couple of online formatters. When I used the online formatters it either spits back the same code format or it loads until timeout, either way I don't get what I am trying to do. I went back to searching for clang-formats and I came across a Visual Studio Code extension that allows me to use the .clang-format file.

After running the clang-format on the source files, compiling errors start to arise from the .clang-format file which I have posted an issue on. After trying to fix a few of the errors the owner of the repo believes the error could be related to the VSCode extension. Apparently, they were using npm to run the clang-format file. Maybe I should have asked how they did the formatting earlier, but then again I did help test other ways of formatting that they had not thought of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My third Hacktoberfest 2018 Journey

Helping Mozilla firefox with enabling ESLint